Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, June 23, 2013

One Shoulder Tee-shirt Dress, DIY

This dress is an idea I thought would be cute and easy to make for summer.  
Made out of two T- shirts, you can dress it up for a fun night out or 
dress it down for a day of shopping or a stroll on the beach.
Very similar to the off the shoulder dress I did for Brassy Apple HERE 
but with a twist.





 Tutorial 
Things you need.
  1. 2  T-shirts *I used a Large for the top and an Extra Large for the bottom.
  2. Scissors
  3. Sewing Machine
  4. Large Safety Pin
  5. Straight pins
  6. 4 studs * Hobby Lobby in the leather section.

 First, I measured my top shirt with a dress I already have,
 to where I was going to put the tying part.
Then I marked it.
#1Shirt
 I cut the  at my markings.

#2  shirt, 
I cut right under the arms( this will be the bottom part of my dress)

Put the right sides of both shirts  together.
Pin them with your straight pins.
 Sew about 1 inch above  where they meet.
Then turn the bottom part right side out,
and sew an inch below where you sewed your first line.
This will be the channel where the tie will go through.
Cut a small slit in the center of your channel.
 From the scrap part of the shirt that you have left over,
 cut an inch wide strip.
 Stretch it out to make a rope.
Attach the end of the string to a large safety pin,
 then weave it through the slit all the way around the shirt.

 Now for the one shoulder look.

Mark a diagonal line from under one arm to the top of the other shoulder.
cut on your line.
Hem a 1 inch hem around the place where you cut.
*You want to leave an inch channel so you can weave a knit string through it.

out of your scrap material, cut a one inch strip.
 stretch it to make a knit string.
Make a small slit at the top of your shirt,
attach your knit string to a large safety pin and thread your knit string through the channel.
You could Dress it up even more by adding a pretty sheer ribbon or a sequin ribbon instead of a knit string.

 Now you can tie it up as tight or as loose as you want.


I can not wait to wear this out with some cute strappy sandals.
Happy Sunday Everyone!
I am sorry my blog has been so quite this past week,
 but I went on a spur of the moment trip to see my niece in Jacksonville.
I have made a promise to myself to take opportunities when they are placed in front of me.
Lots of <3,
Anne



35 comments:

  1. Your creations always amaze me! You have creativity overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this...but I can't sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not the best seamstress, as a mater of fact i am just very basic at sewing. Sewing a straight line is my favorite. there are so many you tube videos out there you could learn to sew in no time.:)

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome. I just need one more shirt. I wonder if i could use 2 different coloured shirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it would be a color blocked T-dress :) I would put the darker color on the bottom.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and creative! love you ambition, its inspiring!
    mens or womens tshirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle, I used Mens T-shirts on this project.

      Delete
  6. Do i use a size up from my normal t-shirt size? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your ideas!!! I see a shawl-type cover at the top of the page (4th picture) that I would love to make! Where do I find a tutorial or directions???
    Thanks, Jen
    jnmjam1999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your ideas!!! I see a shawl-type cover at the top of the page (4th picture) that I would love to make! Where do I find a tutorial or directions???
    Thanks, Jen
    jnmjam1999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished my own version of this dress from two shirts in my hubbies "throw away-pile"
    I'm so excited, it looks stunning!
    I made my little ropes from contrasting coloured scraps I had lying around. Gives a noce accent
    Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loved it!

    What kind of t-shirt fabric did you use, cotton? i'm kinda wondering wether it will works on polo shirt or no..

    I have a lot of polo shirt (from goodiebag or from events, with logo or words) that too large for me to wear, but I can't get rid of them because i think i can use it somehow..

    Have you tried to makeover polo shirt before? Thank youuu.. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there Ajeng,
      No I have not tried to make over a polo shirt I used two hanes t-shirts on this project but you could probably use cotton- poly blend as well. Knit material just wears and hangs well and is inexpensive, that's why I use it:) Have a wonderful day
      <3 Anne

      Delete
    2. I'm very interested with this no-sew project because i can't sew and I'm don't really understand fabric. But I think I have some knit material shirt somewhere.

      Your works are really inspiring. I'll let you know if finally I have made one.. maybe I'll start with no-sew vest. Ooh, I really like it. <3

      Have a wonderful day.. :D

      Delete
  12. Anne, I've just discovered your site and I'm loving it! You're an inspiration! I'm going to make this one shoulder tshirt dress dress tonight so that I can wear it to my uncle & aunt's 50th wedding anniversary party on Sunday. Thank you, you're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maybo.:) I would love to see when your done.

      Delete
  13. Working on my Spring/Summer wardrobe with your wonderful ideas have really helped my Winter blues. Thanks so much for inspiring an old hobby. Made this dress tonight. I also have done a few skirts and halter tops using old t-shirts. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Adriane, Have a wonderful night and a fabulous Christmas:)

      Delete
  14. These are the great blogs; I assure you that I really enjoyed a lot in reading.Salwar kameez

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for every other informative site. I will do it also with my clothes, i will try to create new design Anarkali Suits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, the whole thing is going perfectly
    here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts,
    that’s truly excellent, keep up writing.
    banarasi saree
    banarasi silk saree online

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just great web kolkata ff cant explain my feleinngs to u thanks


    ReplyDelete
  18. Your every post are very useful to us.Cupshe

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is just great web kolkata ff cant explain my feleinngs to u thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is just great web Visit Google cant explain my feleinngs to u thanks

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!