Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Leather Business Card Holder: DIY

I have always loved the smell and feel of leather. 
I thought a business card holder made from leather would be an easy DIY.



Inspiration
Here
$22.00

or Here 
$65.00


Tutorial
Things you need.

  1. Leather
  2. Scissors
  3. 10 Silver Rivets *Michaels in the leather section or Here
  4. 3 Rhinestone Rivets (2 medium and one large)*Michaels or Here
  5. Pencil or pen

      6.Leather hole punch (one of my favorite all time tools)


I made a template 4 and 1/2 inches wide,
 by 7 and 1/2 inches long
I traced the template on my leather and cut it out.
*It should be a nice rectangle.
Then I folded my leather in half and I rounded off the top.



Then I folded the leather around my business card.
Using a leather hole punch, on the smallest setting, I place 6 holes on each side.

I used two medium rhinestone rivets One large rhinestone rivet,
 * the rhinestone rivets come in assorted sizes in one pack.
  and ten silver rivets.
I randomly placed my rivets.
Place the back on the rivet
take a small hammer or mallet and lightly tap the rivets into place.

Back

now fold over the flap
 and mark where you want your larger rhinestone rivet,
this will be the how you keep your case closed.
Mark by tapping one of the studs lightly
 to make an indent in the leather.

Mark

Punch a hole.
Put your Rhinestone Rivet though the hole,
tap lightly to secure it
with an X-acto knife or your scissors very carefully cut a small slit
big enough for the Rhinestone to fit through.



You can stop here or...



or you can add tassels
Head over Here for Tassel tutorial.

Using your leather hole punch
punch a hole just inside the top flap.
Thread your cord through
Bring your two tassels back through the loop.

pull to tighten



 Your very own leather card holder.
Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Lots of <3,
Anne




9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous post regarding business cards holder...it will enhance my knowledge...keep it up..!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great DIY from you!! Great job. Have a sweet weekend:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Eric Samek Brasa Capital

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Do you ever explain how to make those tassels? I would love to put one on our small messenger bag. It's the little details that really matter. Thank you for all your hard work putting these instructions together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. click resources

    ReplyDelete
  6. Education I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!